In August 1954, 76 people came together to form Redeemer Lutheran Church with the intent of also starting a school. Eleven acres of land was purchased on what was then the outskirts of Austin, and Redeemer Lutheran School began in September of 1955.
Redeemer Lutheran School first opened for 22 children across 1st - 5th grades. Over time, additional classrooms, grade levels, and programs came as new buildings were added. Currently, Redeemer Lutheran School can host over 525 families starting in our Early Childhood Center through our 8th-grade program.
As part of the mission to bring children to the love of Jesus Christ, Redeemer Lutheran School and Church realized a need to service a larger number of families. The current campus was expanded in Dec. 2018 and now includes:
A MULTI-USE CAFETORIUM
NEW MAIN ENTRANCE
EXPANDED EARLY CHILDHOOD CLASSROOMS
The members of Redeemer Lutheran Church maintain our school as a privately supported institution. The members of the church elect a School Board for the purpose of efficient operation of the school. This board is responsible to the Congregation. The principal and assistant principal serve as administrators. The principal is responsible to the Pastor, as head of the whole congregational ministry, and to the board for keeping the school in effective operation.