God has richly blessed Redeemer Lutheran School! Here are a few of the things that help make Redeemer a special place:
- Ranked in 94% of all schools in a nationally normed test (Iowa Test of Basic Skills)
- Nationally known playgrounds from 32 years of research with The University of Texas
- A Premier Green Ribbon School in the State of Texas for our environmental education
- Certified Schoolyard Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation
- SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Environmental Excellence Award Winning School in 2006:
- Winner of the 2012 elementary and middle school Private School Interscholastic Association
- academic meet, sending 23 students to state competition in 27 events.
- Family activities from drum night to Grand Tour
- AIPL (Austin Inter-parochial League) Athletics for 5th – 8th grade
- Average teacher has worked at Redeemer for 12 years
- Three computer labs (1 mobile) and all classrooms have SMART Board technology
- Middle school drama and choir classes present an annual Broadway Jr. musical
- 8th-grade travels to St. Louis, MO; 7th to Big Bend National Park; 6th to Houston; and 5th to Camp Lone Star.
- Largest Junior Master Gardening Program in the nation with all 5th graders achieving Junior
- Master Gardener designation
- Gardens provide herbs for Austin Meals On Wheels Program
- Lego Robotics offered in most levels with middle school going to competition
- Many schools no longer offer these options, but Redeemer Lutheran School still does:
- Cursive handwriting
- Elementary math without a calculator
- Multiplication Facts Practiced and Memorized
- Recess in all elementary grades
- Spanish classes in all grades
- Field trips in all grade levels and overnight trips in 5th—8th grade
- Music classes and choir for all elementary grades
- Daily P.E. for elementary grades
- Jesus Christ is part of our day—everyday
WHY A LUTHERAN A SCHOOL?
According to The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod website, here are a few reasons to consider a Lutheran School:
- LCMS School Ministry assists equip and uplifts school educators, district staff, and especially education executives and congregational leaders so that through them children may be equipped as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Here is a summary of reasons why you should send your child to a Lutheran elementary school. Lutheran schools:
- Are driven by a commitment to the Gospel and focused on a mission of bringing hope and healing to students and their families.
- Are governed by board members who clearly understand their roles and focus on the vision and board policies that effectively govern the operation of the school.
- Meet or exceed state and national academic standards at
- all grade levels.
- Help to develop a minimum of 30 developmental assets in children.
- Have educators who model visionary leadership.
- They practice stewardship of resources, build up others and empathize with others.
- Have educators who model servant leadership.
- Do those served to grow as persons; do they, while being served, become healthier, wiser, freer, more autonomous, more likely themselves to become servants? (Robert Greenleaf)
- Have educators who model spiritual leadership.
- They study God’s Word, share their personal faith story, apply Law and Gospel appropriately, exhibit a passion for ministry, act courageously, equip God’s people for service, care for others, demonstrate integrity, and pray.
Lutheran Early Childhood Centers and Elementary Schools
More than 2,300 early childhood centers and preschools are operated by congregations and Christian day schools within The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. More than 129,000 children, ranging in age from infant/toddler to five years of age, are involved in these programs. Additionally, our congregations operate 945 elementary schools which serve 107,000 students.